Sunshine’s #BiGweeKendS Artist Residencies
Running June – October 2021
Sunshine International Arts (S.i.A) is inviting emerging artists and local freelancers to deliver activities at our South London community arts centre for our BRAND NEW community events: #BiGweeKendS
The events will take place at S.i.A’s arts centre (C.A.F.E) based in Loughborough Junction, nestled between Brixton and Camberwell, and will see local artists run 2hr long workshops on Saturdays and Sundays at our studio spaces.
This is an opportunity for young and diverse artists to experiment, explore and develop new ideas and projects in a supportive environment. We will assist artists’ creative ventures by helping them bring their workshops to life – including planning and development of practical elements that go into the running of community-based projects: Planning a project timeline, hiring and securing the space, marketing to customers and attendees and delivering the workshops themselves. For full details, please see below.
We actively encourage applications from diverse, young, emerging freelancers who are local to Lambeth, especially those who feel under-represented in the area. Any creative discipline will be considered, including visual artists, performers (dance, theatre, spoken word), those who’s practice focuses on health and well-being and those who would like to work with children and families.
What we’ll offer:
- Affordable workshop space for up to 2.5hr – including set-up and tidy-up
- Support for emerging artists/freelancers (tailored to each individuals needs)
- Front of house support (on day of workshop)
- Marketing assistance including sharing events on S.i.A’s platforms and with our partners.
What you’ll deliver:
- A 2 hour workshop based on your creative discipline
- A COVID-19 risk assessment for your workshop
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form
- A minimum of two audience feedback forms, gathered during your session (provided by the company)
- A completed, short, project evaluation and feedback form provided by the company
Please read the details below for important considerations before applying:
- Studio spaces are hired by the artist at a significantly reduced rate of £20 for the session. To encourage those from SW9, SW2, SE5 and SE24 postcodes, applicants from these areas will receive a £15 refund from the cost of hire after the workshop has been completed. This is on the basis that the applicant provides a proof of address and completes the expected delivery outcomes (above).
- Approximate size of the studio spaces available are 35sq metres.
- Exact dates/times for the workshops will be agreed with the artists, but will take place on Saturdays or Sundays either between 11am – 1.30pm or 2.30pm – 5pm. (Final timings are open for discussion at a later date if needed).
- Strict social-distancing and COVID-19 safety guidelines will need to be adhered to (as laid out by the company beforehand)
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your project with our team in order to develop your ideas and accommodate your individual requirements.
If you have a question that has not been answered above, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an idea for a creative workshop:
click here to fill in the short application form!
Made possible with funding from the Arts Council England